Data Analyst and Reporting Officer (DTM REMAP)
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
As soon as possible
Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Cook Islands, Cuba, Cabo Verde, Djibouti,
Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Kiribati, Comoros, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Saint Lucia, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Paraguay, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Suriname, Sao Tome and Principe, Eswatini, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Emergency and Post-Crisis Specialist, and the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Project Manager (Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) - Regional Evidence for Migration Analysis and Policy (REMAP)) based in Bangkok, Thailand, the successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to data consolidation, analysis and reporting under the DTM REMAP project.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical inputs to be used for the development and implementation of the methodological, operational and training aspects of the DTM REMAP project.
2. Draft and produce standard publishing materials and presentations, and various data visualization formats including maps, statistics, online materials and info sheets. Provide technical support related to data presentation needs on various written outputs (e.g. papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.).
3. Draft, proof-read, assist with editing and format DTM output products including but not limited to analytical and statistical reports, displacement profiles, etc.
4. Produce weekly and monthly DTM products including weekly newsletters, monthly report compilations and any other reports or info sheets.
5. Prepare preliminary multi-country analyses of DTM data under the DTM REMAP project.
6. Evaluate data and information gaps across all countries and propose adjustments to improve ongoing data collection exercises to strengthen overall consolidation and compatibility of data across countries under the DTM REMAP project.
7. Research, analyze and evaluate new applications related to information systems, new technologies and processes to manage information in response to disasters and/or complex emergencies and make recommendations for their utilization.
8. Travel to field missions as necessary to provide technical support and guidance with respect to DTM REMAP project implementation.
9. Provide administrative and logistical back stopping as needed.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Migration Studies, Demography, Political or Social Science, Statistics, International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in information management, reporting, coordination and analysis of data from large and complex information systems;
• Research experience in the field of population studies, human mobility, mixed migration, and refugees/IDPs in developed and developing countries, including field experience related to displacement and migration research;
• Practical field experience in domains related to relief interventions and humanitarian action (including support to displaced populations and implementation of emergency and early recovery activities), UN, and the cluster system, including CCCM is an advantage;
• Experience in survey and questionnaire design and probabilistic sampling is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Urdu, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 18 December 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-...
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 05.12.2018 to 18.12.2018