Yemen _COVID-19 Mobility Restrictions_ September 2021
Sep 30 2021
- Points of Entry (PoE)
HIGHLIGHTS (From 01 to 30 September 2021)
• 1,210 new cases – 246 new deaths | source: WHO
• Updates on numbers of new cases in areas controlled by the De Facto Authorities (DFA) based in Sana’a are not available.
• 2,769 non-Yemeni migrants arrived at the Yemeni southern governorates of Lahj, Hadramowt and Shabwah, and 4,228 Yemeni returnees arrived in Yemen from Saudi Arabia (KSA). (Please see September FMR report for more details)
• No IDP households (HH) reported COVID-19 as the reason of displacement. So far, the total number of IDP HHs who have cited COVID-19 as the primary reason for displacement is 1,559 households.
• On 23 September 2021, the Ministry of Public Health and Population in Aden received 360,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, to be urgently distributed across governorates, prioritizing those who already received their first dose.