HIGHLIGHTS (From 01 to 31 October 2021)
• 768 new cases – 174 new deaths | source: WHO
• Updates on numbers of new cases in areas controlled by the De Facto Authorities (DFA) based in Sana’a are not available.
• 4,300 non-Yemeni migrants arrived at the Yemeni southern governorates of Lahj, Hadramowt and Shabwah, and 6,158 Yemeni returnees arrived in Yemen from Saudi Arabia (KSA). (Please see October FMR report for more details)
• No IDP households (HH) reported COVID-19 as the reason of displacement. So far, the total number of IDP HHs who have cited
COVID-19 as the primary reason for displacement is 1,559 households.
• On 19 October 2021, the Ministry of Public Health and Population in Aden announced that half a million Yemenis have received a vaccination against the Corona virus, calling on the rest of the citizens to hurry up to receive the currently available vaccines.