Yemen _COVID-19 Mobility Restrictions May 2021
ContactDTM Yemen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Period CoveredMay 01 2021 -
May 31 2021
- Points of Entry (PoE)
HIGHLIGHTS (From 01 to 31 May 2021)
• 443 new cases – 98 new deaths | source: WHO
• Updates on the numbers of new cases in areas controlled by Sana’a DFA are not available.
• 489 Non-Yemeni migrants arrived at the southern governorates of Lahj and Hadramaut.
• No IDP Households reported COVID-19 as the reason of displacement. So far, the total number of IDPs who have cited COVID-19 as the primary reason for displacement is 1,559 households (see RDT Dashboard for more information).
• On 20 April 2021, Yemen launched the first round of its COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Aden and covered 13 Yemeni governorates. The campaign aims to reach 317,363 people in 133 districts across Yemen.
• Saudi Arabia authorities at the land border point are now requesting Yemenis to provide a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to allow them to enter KSA..
• The World Health Organization in Yemen confirmed that 10,000 vaccine doses arrived at Sanaa Airport on 31 May 2021. The WHO will start COVID-19 vaccinations in Northern Yemen, where the de facto authorities have not provided any COVID-19 infection or fatality figures since May 2020.